Rates & Policies
$4,000 – per week
9% – Maine lodging tax
$300 – Refundable security deposit
$675 – Round trip water taxi fee from Southwest Harbor to the Island
Deposit and Cancellation Policies:
- To secure a reservation, we require an initial 50% deposit.
- 30 days before your reservation date the balance is due as well as the security deposit and the sales tax.
- If you cancel before 60 days of the reservation we will fully refund your deposit.
- If you cancel between 30 to 60 days before the rental, we will gladly apply your deposit towards a future stay.
- Reservation cancellations fewer than 4 weeks in advance of scheduled arrival are nonrefundable, however, tax and security deposits will be fully refunded.
Please understand that this is a wilderness island off the coast of Mount Desert Island and on rare occasions, stormy summer weather and churned-up seas may prohibit safe landings, requiring delaying your arrival on the island until the seas calm down. If this occurs, we will help you find alternative shore-side lodging. On the other hand, if you get stuck on the island because of the seas, you will get to extend your stay for FREE! You will have to call your work and explain that you cannot get to work because you are stranded on a remote island! It will be a great memory and will be a story often shared! Don’t worry about provisions, we always have extra food and water for these contingencies.
Great Duck Island is a rugged wilderness place. At times the ocean can be quite rough and each day the tides rise and fall 10-12 feet.. Be especially aware of this when you are walking on the rocks at the edge of the water. When wet, the rocks can become dangerously slippery. Be cautious about being too close to the edge, because a sudden wave could surprise you.